Sunday, April 19, 2009

Is 9 hours of landscaping enough?...

So Gordy and I had a brilliant idea to redo part of our landscaping on Saturday. After two trips to Lowe's and nine hours later, we were finished. Needless to say, Gordy did most of the work since I took several breaks. However, Saturday night I felt like I just ran a marathon. I am definitely not used to doing manual labor for that long. Gordy, joking of course, asked me, "Do you eyes hurt?...from watching me do all the work."

Gordy also suffered from a work injury that day. It just didn't happen to the middle of the night. He went to the restroom at 3:30 a.m. and I heard a loud thump. Come to find out, Gordy either fell asleep or passed out and hit his head on the toliet. Luckily, he made out okay with just a cut and bruise on the side of his face.

Note to self, next year, split up landscaping duties into two days.

1 comment: