Saturday, September 19, 2009

Our Trip to the Emergency Room

In addition to all the things Beau and I did last week, you can add a trip to the ER. Thursday morning the little guy woke up with a stuffy nose and was breathing extremely fast. I called the pediatrician thinking they would tell me he just has a cold - no need to come in. However, the doctor got us in in 40 minutes and she ended up sending us to the ER for chest X-rays.

Luckily the chest X-ray and EKG came back fine, so then I though, great we can go home. Nope, the doctor decided we should stay all night for observation. There is nothing like seeing your baby hooked up to monitors all evening which makes you appreciate life even more. Beau did well overnight, his oxgen levels, heart rate, and respiratory levels seem to be good enough for us to go home on Friday morning.
Thanks to Gammaw Buening for coming up Friday afternoon to take care of Beau while Gordy and I had the best 3 hours of sleep in our lives. Beau seems to be doing okay, but I can tell you we will be home bodies for the next few weeks.
Below is Beau's 3 week picture. He is gaining weight like it is his job.

8/26/09 - 7 lbs 11 ozs
8/28/09 - 7 lbs 2 ozs
8/30/09 - 6 lbs 10 ozs
9/1/09 - 7 lbs 2 ozs
9/9/09 - 8 lbs
9/17/09 - 9 lbs 2 ozs


No comments:

Post a Comment